Category: Fight Factory

Jose Aldo Interested In Full-Time Switch To Boxing

Some thoughts have been prevailing that foray of Conor McGregor into boxing for pay-per-view of last Saturday’s loss to Floyd Mayweather could have a significant and quick effect over the mixed martial arts (MMA).


According to the coach Nova Uniao, Andre Pederneiras Jose Aldo the former the Ex champion of UFC featherweight could be the next one.

“Aldo is training boxing as he has this as his dream; he wanted to see himself in the professional boxing ring.” In an interview, Pederneiras told this to MMAFighting.com. “If the things were, according to him, then he would he’d fight all the fights of the UFC in three months and go box. He wants to do the boxing professionally. He loves boxing the most and it is live anything for him.”

Aldo, who is now 30 years old, who has savored the defeat only in the UFC title fights in more than past 21 months against Max Holloway and Conor McGregor, came back to his native place Brazil on Friday after a long stay at the gym of Robert Garcia the boxing trainer in Riverside, California. Read more »

LIDDELL: DON’T ASK ME ABOUT CONOR MCGREGOR

Since beginning his tenure with the UFC, Jose Aldo hasn’t faced a lot of bad nights.


However, the worse was in 2015 against Conor McGregor where he suffered a 13-second knockout.

First, it was a feud between Aldo and McGregor that lasted for almost a year. On more than one occasion, a worldwide media tour turned quite volatile.

What followed next was a punch from McGregor which ensured that Aldo’s seven time defending featherweight title streak came to a crashing halt. That particular punch was the one that handed him his first loss in more than a decade.

Ever since then and to no avail, the Brazilian has done everything possible to book a rematch with McGregor. Whenever a microphone is placed in front of his face, Aldo still can’t escape questions about him.

This is despite his winning the featherweight title while McGregor was away and with the Irishman moving up to 155 pounds to win a title in that division. It yet seems that no matter whatever Aldo does, he would hardly ever escape that loss. Read more »

TONY FERGUSON WARNS MCGREGOR: ‘YOU’RE NEXT!’

A fight at the UFC 209 which would have been the biggest fight of his career for an interim lightweight title was missed out on by Tony Ferguson after the undefeated KhabibNurmagomedov pulled out of the game.


This however has not been enough to break the fighting spirit of the Californian as he looks forward to his next match. Following the disappointment, he was offered a replacement fight to go into the cage against Michael Johnson, but the smaller pay package the UFC offered him and the fact that the title had been scrapped, made him turn down the fight.

Nurmagomedovfondly known as ‘The Eagle’ was forced to pull out of the title bout with Ferguson after he was hospitalized due to weight cutting issues.

The boss at UFC, Dana White said that the news of The Eagle’s withdrawal from the match had left Ferguson devastated. Read more »

ALDO MIGHT FIGHT FOR A UFC LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE

Speculations abound if they could be a light weight title fight on the line for the fighter.


This will be an interim bout ahead of the proposed feather championship face off between the fighter and Max Holloway.

The fight is set to go down in February 11 and is set for Brooklyn New York. But before then, the fighter might be setup for a light weight duel. Jose Aldo spoke recently about his schedule for the upcoming months. According to him, his next fight is likely to be a showdown for an interim lightweight championship.

“I now expect and believe I will be fighting in early march. Either March 3 or march 4, I can’t remember. I believe they will soon announce an interim lightweight title fight with me,” he said.

Aldo has said that since his UFC 208 fight would no longer be held, they have been trying to set him up with a new opponent.

“They’ve been trying to find me an opponent, and surprise, surprise at least one has already turned down the fight against me. I’m waiting to see who they’ll find.” Read more »

Jose Aldo Confident Of Upcoming Rematch

One of the ways fighters gets their fans all irked up about an oncoming fight is to tell them how they are confident of beating their opponent or how much they are looking forward to getting down in the ring with a certain opponent with whom they have faced a match before.

Jose Aldo has been talking in a similar way about Frankie Edgar. The fight they had initially took place back in 2013 in the featherweight division. At that time he had defended his title and had gained victory as well. The game had been held in Las Vegas. The rematch is now planned at UFC 200. Jose of Brazilian origin, has been studying the moves and the evolution of his opponent over time. He feels that his style has not changed and that this time too he will be able to seek easy victory as easy as beating him with one arm.
Read more »

Jose Aldo To Have A Rematch With Frankie Edgar

The rematch that is scheduled between Frankie Edgar and Jose Aldo is much talked about.


Edgar feels that he has an advantage in the upcoming match. His momentum is better placed this time as compared to Jose. Frankie had fought Jose initially in 2013 in the month of February. The fight was part of the UFC 155 event. Frankie debuted in the 145 pound category.

Even though the previous match resulted in a loss for Edgar, he feels that the next upcoming rematch will be different. The fight is scheduled in July this year, to be part of the UFC 200 event. Benson Henderson had been his opponent in the lightweight category and he suffered losses against him. Edgar feels that the three years that have passed since the last match has brought a lot of differences in both of them. Both have different experiences and expertise now and Edgar feels that he has the momentum this time. Both fighters have been talking about their expectations about the upcoming UFC 200 event. Read more »